Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy New Year





A very happy new year to what I am hoping are thousands of my readers of what I call a 'blog' (a contraction of web and log), which is a sort of an online journal of my best thoughts. Since I have no flowers, I offer a coconut and a sweet potato, comprising, in alphabetical order, carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins. Good health, Peace and Fitful Slumber to all sentient beings, with good coordination of the stroke and the kick, the whole breathing thing, and the rotation of the shoulders and hips, which is so easy to overlook. To those practising the flip, Wisdom to see the utter pointlessness of this manoeuvre.

2 comments:

  1. I put it to you, that all beautiful things are fundamentally pointless.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confucius? This is a very beautiful thought, which is probably why it didn't occur to me. I am more of a deep thoughts kind of guy. I almost never get any beautiful thoughts - I just don't have the knack. I am more into epiphanies and revelations - that sort of life-changing thing, not so much life-affirming thing.

    Can't bear life, to tell the truth - don't quite see why it needs to be affirmed. Not meant as a criticism, of course. Highest respect and that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete