
This is the bay near Timmendorfer. There were a couple of sailing boats in the bay, but when I have blue on my brush, I am like a man possessed. Blue brings out the animal in me. Tough men with hard flinty eyes step quietly out of my way.
I am a much nicer man with yellow. Children can frolic all over me with yellow. Birds fly down to sit on my shoulder and pick at the lice in my hair. Nobody has anything to fear from a man with yellow.
Colours have terrible powers.
How are you with reds and pinks?
ReplyDeleteRed is a colossus striding the earth. Red is birth and death and everything in between. Red is earth and mars and the sun.
ReplyDeleteRed is a venerable, bearded colour. It is the sage among colours, wise, and young and old. Red is the courage of men and the honour of women. In Red, we were born and in red we must die.
Pink is not a colour to be taken seriously.
The way this economy is going, I am afraid "in red we were born and in red we must die" is going to be literally true.
ReplyDelete