Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Team Building Exercise









At the doctor's, there is nothing to do but examine people's feet and footwear. You can learn a lot about people from their feet. Not sure what though. If only the feet could talk, you could interrogate them.















This is a man who was sitting opposite to me. He was reading last year's India Today that I read before him. Everybody waiting had read the same India Today, which created a bond between all of us. When this man put the India Today down, I shouted "Group Hug!" and we all had a group hug as a team building exercise, including this man here, who looks like he could use another hug.

The doctor seemed like a nice enough fellow. He greeted me cheerfully and asked me what the matter was with me and I looked him in the eye and said I was having a having some sort of an existential crisis and I had no idea what the hell I was doing and what was the point of it all. Instead of asking me about my problems, he started talking about his own. He said he had no idea what he was doing either and he was supposed to be a surgeon and everything and this morning he had opened somebody's belly and couldn't remember why and what the hell he was supposed to do with the opened up belly, and what was the whole point of it anyway.

This cheered me up at once. I felt like a new man. He is a very good doctor for existential crises, but perhaps if I am in need of some surgery, I will go to another fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment