Getting to know a new city is like getting to know a woman. Her temperament, her moods, her public transport, what time the shops close....
Maybe this isn't such a good analogy.
Maybe getting to know a city is like having a drink. You sip a little bit, then you drink more quickly, then you toss it all in. Then you have another and another and fall to the floor and wake up the next morning with a headache and wishing you were dead.
I guess this analogy isn't a roaring success either. I really don't think analogies are quite my forte. I should stick to allegories, or those thingies... alliterations, I believe, they are called. I used to be really good at alliterations.
Maybe this isn't such a good analogy.
Maybe getting to know a city is like having a drink. You sip a little bit, then you drink more quickly, then you toss it all in. Then you have another and another and fall to the floor and wake up the next morning with a headache and wishing you were dead.
I guess this analogy isn't a roaring success either. I really don't think analogies are quite my forte. I should stick to allegories, or those thingies... alliterations, I believe, they are called. I used to be really good at alliterations.
Wish you Would Write ... errr.. more
ReplyDeleteOnomotopeia! That's what I used to be good at, though it has been years that I have tried to onomotopee.
ReplyDelete